Saturday, September 28, 2013

An Introduction

Politics.
Chances are, you either have an opinion about everything or you don’t know about anything.
I’m not trying to be insulting, but it’s the truth. Those that are relatively abreast of current events generally like to talk about how much they know and try to shame anyone listening into thinking that they are worthless for not knowing about an obscure vote in an obscure country for an office that no one has ever heard of.
On the other hand, the number of people that couldn’t even pick Joe Biden out of a line-up is STAGGERING. Take some of the responses given when people interviewed after voting: I heard at least one person applaud Paul Ryan being chosen as Obama’s running mate—You can’t make this stuff up.
Which brings me to my point.
I am not a political pundit. I am also not an idiot. I try to stay as up-to-date as possible while still working 5-6 days a week because, unfortunately, keeping up with the news doesn’t pay my bills.

I am relatively young (we’ll just stick with “twenties” here because I’m a woman and that’s what we do) and have noticed a trend with my peers:
 THEY DON’T KNOW MUCH ABOUT WHAT’S GOING ON.
Now, I’m not saying they are stupid or anything. Quite a few of them have college degrees at least. (Note: I am not saying that having a degree precludes one from being stupid.)
In the past when I have broached certain subjects, I often found their reply to be the same.
 "I don't keep up with that stuff."
I have learned that trying to tell them the 239843928749 reasons why they SHOULD keep up with “that stuff” is futile. They get offended, change the subject, or (this is the worst one) tell me that they are not smart enough to understand everything.
So, this blog was born. In it, I will attempt to explain things in a way that is understandable, concise and as accurate as possible. I make no claims to be “non-partisan.” I will say that I am not a Republican nor a Democrat, but closer to a Libertarian (although I do not claim that party either – I just wanted to give you guys an idea of where I stand).  If you don’t like what I write about, stop reading and go somewhere else. If you like what I write about, feel free to let me know about it.
It is my ultimate goal (if I get any readers) to eventually take requests on my subject matter. I want to be a one-stop spot for information. If there is something that you don’t quite understand, let me know and I will try to write about it. I’m not afraid of a little research.

Thank you very much for visiting and until next time.
-          L


Preview: "The Things Everyone Should Know About Obamacare"

No comments:

Post a Comment